Tête is the long awaited and highly anticipated expander for the Tetrapad. Tête takes control of Tetrapad’s mode selection and operating functions, allowing Tetrapad to do what it does best — act as a control surface, which it does both for controlling external modules and for interfacing with the advanced processing power within Tête.
Tête + Tetrapad operates in one of three different modes—
Up to 16 voltage storage locations (grid) with 8 voltages stored at each location. You have the choice to record and playback your recall of these locations in a looper style (just play freely and spend arbitrary amount of time at any location) or as a clocked sequence (SH-101 style). Additionally you can traverse the matrix using the X and Y CV inputs to get Cartesian style sequencing. There is also variable slew that allows you to morph/glide between the values.
You can create sequences or loops in chord, scales or keyboard mode. The isomorphic keyboard grid can be set to 4, 12, or 16 notes. There are real-time performance looping, transposition and inversion capabilities via the CV inputs and dedicated loop button. In sequencer mode each step can be a tie, rest, or gate with size 25/50/75%. Basically we have created a way to very quickly and intuitively make chord sequences that are very musical and easy to manipulate. It is difficult to summarize in words but we will be sure to create some videos to demonstrate how easy and fun this is to play with. It definitely represents something unique in the landscape of Eurorack sequencers.
In this mode you can loop record your performance on any combination of the following functions: fader, bipolar fader, crossfader, euclidean sequencer, toggle switches, voltages banks or LFO. Kind of like Elektron style parameter locking but all of the motions is recorded continuously instead of just in slices. Instantly turn a simple patch into a highly animated and complex beast. The chosen function determines the type of signal (CV, note, trigger, gate, etc.) sent from each of Tetrapad’s eight independent outputs, while its multitude of multi-colored LEDs keep you informed of exactly what’s happening within each mode.
Beyond the Modes
- Step-recording (Sequencing) Tetrapad performances of up to 256 steps.
- Real-time recording (Looping) of Tetrapad performances. Although technically limited only by the size of the microSD card, Tête’s interface is optimized for dealing with recordings around 5 minutes in length.
- Loopy performance mode in both the Looper and Sequencer, for repetitive stutter effects or even granular-level CV looping.
- Smart overdub with touch detection and a toggle to overdub “no touch” to your loop recordings.
- Dedicated transport controls to control (or follow) the rest of your modular.
- Three additional user-assignable CV outputs. For example, a CV output assigned to Position generates a continuous ramp that represents the position in the loop or sequence. This can be used with devices like the Planar 2 in Interpolation mode to sync the recorded patterns together no matter what tempo.
- External voltage control of Tête/Tetrapad with three user-assignable CV inputs (each with dedicated attenuversion), two user-assignable gate/trig inputs, and a dedicated clock input.
- Clockable either internally or to an external clock, with full clock division and multiplication capability.
- Visual representation of Tetrapad functions via its built-in screen.
- Ability to split pads into 2, 3 or 4 zones, enabling up to 16 possible voltage banks or a 16 note virtual “keyboard” in the Voltages and Notes modes.
- 99 User-presets for each Mode (Combo, Notes, and Voltages), each of which stores all the Mode Setup parameters; Tête’s CV Assignments, and an associated Sequence or Loop.
- Tête automatically remembers how you last configured it, and retains these settings when powered off. By default, Tête automatically and instantly saves its state whenever you make a change. This makes Tête + Tetrapad ideal for live performance, since you know it will always power up with your configurations intact. There is only one exception: if the looper or sequencer is currently playing, then Tête waits for playback to stop before saving its state, so that maximum attention is given to the timing and playback of your loop or sequence.
Requires the Tetrapad to function
Multi-Dimensional Performance Touch Controller
Touch Your MusicNothing is more unique to your music than you. Press and slide your fingers along the four pads to turn your movements into CV and smooth out the rough edges with built in slew. Use it as a keyboard, drum pads, faders, LFOs, voltage memory or more. Add yourself to your music.
Out of stock