Amps features cascaded CV inputs and cascaded mix outputs allowing it to be used in a number of versatile configurations. A boost switch enables you to amplify each VCA’s input by either +6dB or +20dB — ideal for boosting low amplitude signals or pleasingly overdriving audio. The addition of a phase inversion switch for the second channel allows Amps to function as a ring modulator. The CV normalization, which can also be inverted and offset, also allows for VC-Crossfader functionality.
- Manual LEVEL slider per VCA — convenient when using the module as a mixer, or for biasing the signal for CV (such as when modulating the VCA with a bipolar LFO).
- Dedicated CV attenuators with dual color LEDs for monitoring bipolar CV signals.
- Linear response curve.
- Input and CV normalling of VCA A to VCA B to allow a single source to feed and/or control both VCAs.
- Output normalling of VCA A to VCA B to allow both VCAs to feed a single output.
- Each VCA has a boost switch that can increase the output level by either +6dB or +20dB.
- Phase Invert switch on VCA B allows for ring modulation capabilities.
- CV Invert switch on both VCAs allows for crossfading one signal into another.
- 4-pin link connectors on the rear panel allow for multiple AMPS modules to be chained together to create a 4-channel mixer; 6-channel mixer; etc.