- Uses high quality THATcorp VCA chips
- Implements panning using a unique constant power panning circuit (most accurate method for controlling sound placement in a stereo image).
- High dynamic range for VCA gain with 0-5V giving approximately -80db to +3dB
- Separate inputs for bipolar and unipolar control of the Panning/XFading
- Jumper on PCB to select bipolar voltage range: either +/-2.5V or +/-5V
- Unique Vactrol based Stereo Width circuit: Used with stereo signal to vary the perceived stereo width from mono to stereo and slightly beyond using negative cross bleed.
- Bypass switch to disable the Width circuit
- Dedicated attenuator for the bipolar pan cv source.
Modes: (determined via the jack normalizing/patching and mode switch)
With audio connected to the Left Input, panning control steers the
signal to the Left or Right output using constant power panning.
With a stereo audio source plugged in to the Left and Right inputs,
panning controls the balance between these two sources using constant
With two audio sources patched into the Left and Right inputs
respectively the panning controls now act as crossfade controls. The
resultant signal is is routed to the Left Output.
With the Pan control centered and the VCA gain knobs fully CCW this
modules becomes a dual exponential VCA
Separate L and R VCA CV controls but there is also a “both” control
for using a single CV source to control the VCAs in stereo.