Analog coloring compressor module
- 100% analog signal path and sidechain feedforward compressor
- Unique (log based RMS) detector
- Output routed through a specially selected Edcor transformer with highly desirable saturation qualities.
- Three carefully designed analog circuits to impose specific character on the output signal:
- TUBE adds non-linear distortion providing second order harmonics
- TAPE adds symmetrical distortion providing both even and odd harmonics
- XFRM modifies the transformer feedback circuit, giving a boost to low bass content
- All three color circuits can be engaged in any combination to react differently based on the input drive level and makeup gain
- Sidechain routed through a voltage controllable SVF filter with LP, BP and HP modes. A trimmer on the PCB allows you to adjust Q. This filter can be used independently of the rest of the module.
- External sidechain input allows triggering of the compressor with external sources.
- Link IN/OUT allows two Jellysquashers to be chained together for stereo operation.
- Full CV control of sidechain cutoff, threshold, ratio, attack time, release time, and makeup gain.
- Wet/Dry control allows for “New York” style compression where there is a blend of the dry and compressed output signal.
- LED bargraph with selectable display modes to view the signal level in VU or the gain reduction in dB.
|Power:|| mA @ -12 V
mA @ +12 V
Max input: +17dBv
Input impedance: 68k ohms
Output impedance: 100 ohms
Frequency response: 5Hz to 30KHz
Range of gain reduction: over 50dB
Threshold: -40dBv to +17dBv
Ratio: 1.3:1 to infinity
Attack: 200us to 200ms
Release: 50ms to 5sec
Makeup gain: 48dB