The µMIDI provides all the essentials to control and sync your Eurorack modular from your computer, iPhone/iPad, or hardware MIDI device with a minimum of fuss. No menu diving or configuration scripts, just two buttons. The connectivity, feature set, and compact size make the µMIDI ideal for integrating your modular with the rest of your rig while not taking up too much space in your case.
The upper clock section features a dedicated 16th note clock output ideal for synchronizing a Eurorack sequencer like the Metropolis. A second clock output with selectable divisions can be used when difference sync events are needed. The run and reset outputs can be used to reset your Eurorack sequencers in tandem with any external sequencer or DAW.
The lower half of the µMIDI gives you everything you need to control a single voice synth via MIDI. Just connect either a USB or DIN MIDI cable to the module, LEARN a channel, and start playing.
Future firmware updates over USB are made easy with the Firmware Updater software.
- High speed ARM processor for low latency & jitter.
- DIN or USB MIDI input.
- Two clock outputs, one with selectable divisions.
- Sequencer sync via run and reset outputs.
- Precision 0 – 10 V note pitch output with pitch bend & portamento CC support.
- Gate and trigger outputs for envelope triggering.
- Mod wheel and continuous controller outputs for additional modulation.
- Firmware updates over USB.
As of firmware revision 1.11 the µMIDI supports configuration of some internal parameters via a browser-based configuration utility. Currently the utility is only compatible with Google Chrome.
The module firmware can be updated using the Firmware Updater and a USB cable. Hold the LEARN button while turning on the module to enter the bootloader.
- Fix USB communication problem on some Windows machines.
- Fix stuck gate when using last note priority.
- Ability to set coarse and fine tuning via RPN messages. The default tuning is -24 so that 0V corresponds to C0 in Ableton Live.
- Send reset signal slightly before clock
- Fix saving of settings
- Compatibility with the new online configuration utility